Saturday, April 14, 2012

Homemade "Cafe Du Monde" inspired Beignets

YUM.
Ohhh my, these are tasty.  Of course, it is fried bread with powdered sugar....how could we go wrong? :)
hee hee. Definitely not super healthy, but hey- sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and enjoy life (or bite the beignet).

My husband is from Louisiana, and so is my grandfather's family. When we visit New Orleans, stopping by Cafe Du Monde for beignets is a MUST. We don't get to visit as often as we would like, so making these at home is the next best thing. :)

What you need:
*crescent rolls
* fry daddy or skillet
*oil
*powdered sugar
And here's what you do...
Unroll a tube of crescent rolls. Any brand will do.  Keep in precut triangles for larger selections or divide in half with pizza cutter for smaller triangles. Drop into hot oil warmed to 375°. Monitor closely. When underside is golden brown turn and cook the other side. Remove from heat quickly. Let stand on several layers of paper towels to absorbe excess oil for 1 to 2 minutes. Sprinkle powdered sugar evenly using sifter or shaker. Serve warm. Pare with cup of Cafe Du Monde Coffee and Chicory or Community Coffee and Chicory. 
 Bon appétit.






3 comments:

Unknown said...

oh man...I am totally making these!! I have a can of crescent rolls in the fridge right now!!!!!

Shelly said...

I haven't been to Cafe Du Monde in years. I love their beignets,guess I'm going to have to try this recipe. Thanks for posting.

Shelly said...

I haven't been to Cafe Du Monde in years. I love their beignets,guess I'm going to have to try this recipe. Thanks for posting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...